Questions homeowners need to ask before allowing anyone on their roof:
- Is the roofing contractor in good standing with the Better Business Bureau?
- How many years of experience do they have as a roofing contactor in North Texas?
- Are they insured? Ask for a certificate of insurance.
- Where is the roofing company located?
- What is their warranty on labor? What is the manufacturer’s warranty?
- Do they have credit references? Customer references?
- Which roofing manufacturers are they certified to sell?
- Are they asking for money upfront? If so, is it just for materials after delivered to your project locations?
- Is the bid significantly lower than others? Why? Be careful to not pay more later by hiring a contractor that is uninsured, performs substandard work, is potentialy using stolen materials, and/or leaves North Texas after the storms do.